Saturday, July 8, 2006

the sun is up!

I have insomnia.
It is 6am and I really should be sleeping, but I am so awake that my brain has no choice but to think of the most ridiculous thoughts like,

"Ooh....wouldn't it be exciting if a typhoon really comes? What if the room window is blown to pieces? Maybe we should hide in between the 2 beds so if a sofa flies in, we will not be slammed against the wall..."

or

"Why does the light on Chashew Bao (my iBook) blink when I put it to sleep? Gosh, look at the patterns in the dark it's making..."

or

"Hey, it's snow season in Oz now! I wanna go skiing....Sigh...all those happy ppl in Melb who get to go....Ooh, I miss Koko Black...Hm...I wonder if I can make my own hot chocolate with really good dark chocolate?"

Yah, random thoughts like these...which go on for about a few hours, as I try to "drift" off to sleep....

And it doesn't help that Lord of the Rings was playing on TV earlier, which totally got me hyperventilating about several things all at once...the snow...the brilliance of Peter Jackson...the loyalty of Sam....the armor bearer heart of Legolas (yes, and how cool he is)...how spiritual the whole trilogy was. Yah, sometimes I find it hard to catch some things when they are preached to me straight, but gimme a story or movie, and I'll dissect it and relate it and analyse it and feel it for you. Watch LOTR with me and you will stand in awe at what I can get out of it. Heh heh.

Oh yes! CHT is out and it looks gooooooood. :) Heard some good comments on it too, which is encouraging!

Emerge Taiwan coming up!! So excited that I'm actually going to attend it. :)

Okei I think I'm gonna go back to bed and try to sleep again...but lastly, here's another berfdae greeting for you Laine! I pray that God will drench you in all kinds of blessings, and that you will see the desires of your heart fulfilled, soon. :) Can't wait to meet up with you guys in Taiwan next week! Lurf ya, gal.

2 comments:

Gloria Wong said...

haha ! I had insomnia almost all the time.. and random thoughts will just come one after another non-stop! =p

can't wait to see CHT! u sure did a gd job! =)

tell me more abt taiwan emerge when ya back k! take care ! =)

Sharon Chew's blog said...

huh....shan, u also have insomnia?!
i'm trying to figure out means and ways to get my body back on track...hee hee.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)