Wednesday, June 25, 2008

anne of green gables

She's always been one of my fave fictional gals.
Here's some nuggets from the irrepressible red-haired Anne Shirley. :)

"But oughtn't we to be prepared for the best too? It's just as likely to happen as the worst."
I wholly agree! :)

"It does people good to have to do things they don't like...in moderation."
Erm...exercise? :P

"But you don't tell the whole truth. You only tell me the disagreeable part of the truth. Now, you've told me a dozen times that my hair was red, but you've never once told me that I had a nice nose."
This makes me laugh! It also makes me want to tell the nicer part of truths.

"That's a lovely idea. Living so that you beautify your name, even if it wasn't beautiful to begin with...making it stand in people's thoughts for something so lovely and pleasant that they never think of it by itself." 
What do people think of when they hear your name? :)

No comments: