Monday, November 26, 2007

my bed is calling out to me...

One fine day, Mum said "Wanna take a table at the Blk 5 Flea Market? I've got stuff I wanna sell."
Remembering we made a tidy profit the last time we set up a booth at Clarke Quay flea market, I said "Sure!! Let's do it again!"

Yesterday, we started tagging all my stuff and it was only when we were almost done that I looked at Mum and went "Where's all YOUR stuff?"
She said "Nehhhhh....." and pointed to 1 handphone pouch, 2 coasters, and 3 magnets.

I asked, "So.....we're counting on my dolphin collection and stuff to cover the $15 rent?"
"Hee hee," Mum replied.

Huh.
Good thing my collection of chapalang rose to the occasion.























































Although it was a neighbourhood thing and there were only SEVEN tables, so we weren't expecting much ... But I really think our table had the most business.
Considering a total of about 20 people came by the booth, think we made a not-bad profit.
It's always fun meeting the different kinds of customers and making new friends with the neighbouring stall owners.

Then I zoomed over to Victoria Theatre to watch the first-ever children's musical "When I Grow Up."
(Wow, haven't been to VT for the longest time. Am I just used to huge halls now or did the VT audi look terribly small?!)










*applause*
To all the kids for their great performance. The musical was very upbeat and happy and an overall fantastic job!

*applause*
To Jae for the script! Like I said, u did an amazing job crossing over from adult script to kid script, man.

Here's a pic of 2 precious gals in my cg, and their very wise mum.
Bernice is hugging her mum and Krystal is displaying her aptitude for photogenic-ity.
Right after this pic was taken, we settled down to an absolutely yummy and fattening dinner to celebrate Bernice's part in the musical. :P



No comments: