Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I covet King David's heart

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
~Frederick Douglass~

Whatever games are played with us, we must play no games with ourselves.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

The evil are devious. The righteous must be even more "devious".
~from a Stephen Chow movie~

Haha! Wisdom to be gleaned from Zhou Xing Chi.

I don't know if this is good or bad.
I'm getting more and more adept at recognising the games humans play, but I'm not getting any quicker at reacting to them.
Maybe I'm naive, but it still shocks me when I get a glimpse of the human heart from time to time.
It frustrates me to the core when people can't seem to play straight.
It stuns me so I lose my concentration for a few minutes there.
And it's everywhere!

It's getting increasingly harder to be real.

What can I give in exchange for the wisdom and heart of God in me?

No comments: