Monday, February 19, 2007

dong dong qiang

My dad and I spent half a day cooking all these...















(Okei, he's the real chef, I just follow orders and do menial tasks like make gravy, wrap ngoh hiang, peel quail eggs, julienne carrots etc.)

But anyway, the story is....we spent half a day cooking all these, and then after we had taken 2 mouthfuls, we kinda lost our appetite! Even my mum was like "Should we move on to dessert?" !!! After only about 3 mouthfuls!

Naturally, my bro turned Ah Beng and went "You'd better stop taking pictures and come finish the food, I tell you..."
And you can see my dad frantically trying to wolf down his rice in the background.


















I don't get it...What is it about cooking that makes you lose your appetite?!
I mean, if I am the one cooking, I can understand why my family would lose their appetite...
From time to time, I do produce some brilliant dishes, but most of the time, they end up kinda different from what they are supposed to look like.
When I was still in Melbourne, I tried cooking Mango Wrapped in Chicken, and when Michael popped by, he took one look, sniffed a little and asked me why I was cooking Fish Stuffed with Banana...

Okei, so I'm not a great cook...but going back to my reunion dinner...
We were all baffled because my dad actually cooks quite well, and the food was yummy!
We figured it was because we were all too tired...and so then, we came to a unanimous decision...

NEXT YEAR WE'LL ORDER KFC DELIVERY FOR OUR REUNION DINNER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha but you tried your best to cook up a dish le Sharon! Nvm Jia You ba! =) I'll support you, heeh I can try your cooking next time round! =)