Monday, July 21, 2008

sinematic



I finally got to check out Sinema Old School.
Tonight they screened 3 short films by Jack Neo in the beginning of his filming career.
I kept laughing throughout the 3 shorts (which kept me entertained for all of 30 mins) because they were so old and unbelievably....fake.
Haha.....despise not the days of small beginnings.
Granted, the Singaporean film scene is no Hollywood, but Jack Neo has really come sooooo far.
And besides, Recess was quite a nice place to chill out at after.

On the other hand, I bought stuff again today! 
Kuah kuah kuah.
I got: 
- A bag, which my mum thinks is Ah-lian cos it's brightly coloured and has a dragon+phoenix on it, but I lurf it for its chinoiserie influence. Don't worry, you'll recognise it when I carry it. 
- A silk dress in sky blue and flowers.
- A top, which looks a little like the dress, but translucent, hence I couldn't resist! It reminds me of a top I sold away at a flea market last year. Guess I really did like it more than I thought I did. :P

All of them were by this local designer Elijah Lim, who was apparently a coursemate of Sven Tan, my primary school classmate.
I saw a skirt I liked by Sven too, but it's $198....
And another fab kimono-inspired top by Hiroko Ueno, that was $698........! 
Not my reality yet....but someday. 

On a sidetrack: I recently saw a thread running through 3 unrelated people with one mutual connection, and it's kinda freaky.

No comments: