Sunday, March 23, 2008

monologue

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of Men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day - an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it is not this day!!! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth-I bid you stand!" -Lord Of The Rings, Return Of THe King-


I remember when Jesscy did this speech in Hokkien and cracked us all up! 

Haha. 


Speaking of which, they screened LOTR on tv when we were in HK.

Caro and I settled down in our beds to watch it and then we heard Sam calling Frodo "Far-la-dou"!!!

Yes, the entire thing was dubbed over in Cantonese! 

Haha... As much as I lurf Canto, it was so hilarious.

And although Caro's the pure-bred Cantonese, I'm the one explaining the story to her cos I'm the bona fide LOTR fan who knows the trivia.


Okei, still on a quest for the answer.

It feels like an unsolvable puzzle, for now, but I know when the answer comes, it'll be whoosh like an iVision. 

Can't wait. 


I'm leaving for Taiwan this Thurs, and I realised I'll be gone for 23 days!

Gosh. That's 3 weeks. 

I've gotta have lots of faith for some things while I'm away. :P


Did I mention that one of my recent favourite words is "dependable"?

(It's also a long lost word to me)

A dependable person is a gem.

Specifically a diamond, because you won't be able to see the glimmer until the coal has gone through extreme heat and pressure, which is really fire and polishing. 

You don't recognize them at first, but you can't help but see it through the years. 

Left to its own devices, it takes thousands of years for a lump of coal to become a diamond.

If you don't think you have those thousands of years to live, a better way would be to subject yourself to a crash course in trials and tribulation.

Meaning that, sometimes you may crash, but you still run the full course.

Haha. 

After all, trials will be there anyway. 

Might as well use them to your advantage. 

Hee hee.


Happy Easter Sunday, btw! :)


No comments: