Sunday, February 24, 2008

chameleons and other reptiles

Met up with Min late tonight to catch up on stuff of the talking kind, over Mac's.
And as we were walking back, she pointed out a garden and blandly informed me that there were chameleons in it that had migrated over from another garden!
I got all excited and insisted on going to look for them, which prompted a remark from her, "Xiao leh ... why are you so excited over chameleons?!" 
Beats me too, but it just seemed imperative that we go and check them out!!
Hahaha.

But then, we came across a tramp sleeping on the floor in their territory, and it was too dark cos the street lamps had gone off, so we didn't see any in the end.
Next time, I'll go and look for them earlier and get a pic or two.

I got up close and personal with a couple of iguanas when I was in USA many years back.
We stayed for almost a month at Uncle Harry and Aunty Gloria's in Texas, and I was kept entertained by their pets--2 iguanas and 1 chihuahua.

I remember Uncle Harry introducing me to a big, brown bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide, which he used to dress scratches inflicted by those thrashing iguanas who so-did-not-like to take baths.
Here's one of them, Beano.
I think he was the friendlier one ... or maybe just the one less likely to scratch me.

Ah yes, and that was geeky me at 12 years of age. :P
Check out those glasses! Hahaha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the winner..

Sharon Chew's blog said...

Hi Melv! But what are we competing for ah? :P Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Not competing..

Referring to your glasses.. You are the bomb! =]

I had those by the way..

Sharon Chew's blog said...

Mel, maybe I shd start a RETRO revival on this blog! Get everyone to submit photos of their geeky days and post here. Hahahaa......u think ppl willing to do it? :P