Tuesday, February 5, 2008

kaleidoscope

After 18-going-on-19 years of knowing Min, I find myself giving thanks to God often for what this best-frenship has grown into.

We are similar in that we are able to accept and appreciate direct speech from each other, being honest and not having to beat around the bush even in the trickiest of topics.
But mostly, we end up laughing at how we are soooooooo different from each other.

And every time I catch up with her, I recall and reinforce this thought of mine:
I appreciate differences in people very much.
In fact, I realize I relish them. 
I find that it is really cool to see how people complement me, and I them.

Not to say that I don't like similarities; they help me understand the other person more easily, but it's our differences that create the sparks and keep things unpredictably exciting.
Notice, it's differences, not disagreements. Haha.

But going back to it ... without differences, my learning curve of people would be nothing more than a straight line.
And honestly, with my short attention span, I would find it absolutely boring.

I guess that explains why I welcome such a variety of people in my life. :)

Sidetrack
Happy berfdae Benjiiiiii! 
I visited him today and he's now one perpetually happy 7-year-old cocker spaniel with "rebonded" hair, channelling the energy of bouncing Tigger.
Lurf ya, boy. :)

No comments: