Saturday, February 9, 2008

thank God for the written word

I'VE LOST MY VOICE. 
I'M SHOUTING HERE TO COMPENSATE FOR THAT.
HAHAHAHA.

It's unbelievable how quick my granny is at mahjong!
My whole family has been playing mahjong pretty regularly in order to keep my dad's mind sharp and agile.
But because they always play on Sat when I am out, I only just got my chance at learning how to play today.
Oh, we don't gamble with money.
Or at least, we don't gamble with REAL money. 
We use the coins from our flea market float, and then at the end of the game, we dump all the coins back so no one wins or loses real money.

It's fun! 
And I'm a quick learner! Or so my encouraging family tells me. :)
Rachel won $15+ and I won $4+ ... not bad for an amateur.
Hee hee.

And guess what they used to lay over the dining table to mute the clashing of the tiles?!
My Happy House flannel blanket!
Hahaha. 
Pity I didn't take a picture. :P

Oh, and I sms-ed Uncle Robert to arrange for wakeboarding (YES! I'm going again soon!), and he replied to say he was just thinking about me! What are the odds?! Considering we haven't been in touch for at least 4 months! He's convinced it's telepathy. Hahaha. He asked why I wasn't at his "I-moved-to-Sembawang" party. :P And I thought he wouldn't notice. Anyway, I can't wait to catch up with him and hear the stories of his recent trip to Canada. 

No comments: